Dr. Jonathan Goldfinger, MD, MPH, FAAP
Our pediatrician is not only knowledgeable, experienced, and Board-certified--he's as breastfeeding-friendly as doctors come!
"As latchMD's owner and lead pediatrician, I love that we offer a team-based approach to breastfeeding, newborns, and pediatric care. We guide families with the most up to date research, so you can really trust the advice you receive. Our interdisciplinary teams and network include pediatric-trained, breastfeeding experts--doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, registered dietitians, and occupational therapists who work together for your family! The entire team discusses your case to ensure that all of your concerns are addressed, from the most basic to the most complex. No two mothers or babies are exactly alike so we tailor our guidance to meet your specific needs. Non-judgmental support in line with your beliefs and goals for your child is a hallmark of our care. Let us bring latchMD's village of experts to you today!"
- Years helping new parents and mothers care for their babies and themselves
- Years developing successful breastfeeding support programs and public health programs
- BA from Columbia University
- MD from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, a premier academic medical center in NYC
- Masters of Public Health from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- General Pediatrics Residency at Children's Hospital Los Angeles, California's highest-ranked pediatric medical center
- Leadership Fellowship in childhood disabilities (intellectual, Autism, ADHD, learning, etc.) at the USC University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
- Fellowship in health policy and program development at Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Pediatric Psychopharmacology certification from the REACH Institute
- Board Certification by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Membership in the International Lactation Consultant Association
- Membership in the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Membership in the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- California Medical License (A115656) and National Provider Index (1962775957)
- Founder of LATCH NOW, a highly-acclaimed coalition that improves breastfeeding support in Los Angeles
- Director of the AltaMed Lactation Clinic at Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Published researcher and regular conference speaker at the forefront of breastfeeding support services
- and now Founder and Lead Pediatrician of latchMD.